- We collect personal data to provide you with our products and services
- We only use your data for the purposes that you expect
- We protect your personal data
- You have the rights to manage and remove your personal data
‘Personal Data’, means identifiable information about a person and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, phone number, postal or other physical address, credit or debit card number and other personally identifiable information.
The terms “we”, “us”, and “our” includes Ambit 3D LLC, and all of our websites, products and services. We are committed to protecting your privacy.
Collection of your Personal Data
When you order software licenses, sign-up for mailing lists, or use our products or services, we may collect the following Personal Data from you:
- Information you provide to us directly: We may collect Personal Data when you voluntarily provide it to us in the course of using our websites or ordering any of our products or services. For example, when you order a license to use our products or services, we may ask for your name, email address, contact number, company name, organization, country, and billing details. We also collect Personal Data when you fill out a form through our websites or contact us in any other way. A copy of your electronic communication with us will be processed by our GDPR-Compliant Customer Support Service Partner . We only collect Personal Data that has been provided to us voluntarily and we only collect information that is necessary to fulfill our Business Purpose as specified below.
How we use and process your Personal Data
Your Personal Data is used only for our internal business purposes to provide you with access to our products and services and to communicate information of legitimate interest with you (‘Business Purpose’)
We use Personal Data to identify the licensees for our software products so that we can restrict access for our products and services to valid license holders.
We will never sell or share your Personal Data with anyone except our own Service Partners and only as necessary to provide you with our products, services, and communication.
We collect all Personal Data legally, fairly and transparently and will not process Personal Data in an unexpected or misleading way. We will only use your Personal Data in ways that are compatible with our Business Purpose.
We may disclose your Personal Data if required by law, regulation, legal process, or government request.
Our Service Partners
All of our service partners are GDPR Compliant. Our service partners that may collect, store, and process your Personal Data on our behalf include the following:
- E-Commerce Platform: Easy Digital Downloads
- Payment Processor: Paypal, Stripe
- Mailing Lists Management Platforms: MailChimp / Survey Monkey
- Website Tracking Analytics: Google
Our Service Partners have their own Privacy Policies which can be found on their public websites.
Our Reseller Partners
If you order a software license through one of our official resellers, we may collect your Personal Data on behalf of the reseller and share the data with the reseller. Our resellers also may collect your Personal Data on our behalf. Any Personal Data that is shared with us from resellers is only used for our Business Purpose.
How we Communicate with You
When you order a license for one of our software products and voluntarily provide your Personal Data, we feel that you have expressed a genuine legitimate interest in that product. As such, we also have a Legitimate Interest in communicating with you regarding news and information (including marketing) related to that specific product and you may be added to a mailing list related to the product you ordered.
When you order a license for one of our software products, and anytime thereafter, you can choose to opt-out of receiving news and information related to that product.
You can also be added to our mailing lists by filling in a sign-up form on one of our websites.
If you are on a mailing list, and have not opted-out, we may occasionally contact you about such things as: updates to our products, offering customer support, service status reports and outages, account information, information about special events, webcasts, podcasts and special offers. Except for cases where we are required to do so by law (e.g. notifying you of a data breach), you shall have the opportunity to opt out/unsubscribe from receiving these messages free of charge.
If you opt out, we may still send you critical non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations – particularly if you have an active account with us.
How to Access your Personal Data
You can access your software license-related Personal Data at any time y contacting our support at…….
How to Opt-out of Email Communications
All of our email communications will include a link near the bottom that will allow you to unsubscribe from the related mailing list or manage your subscription preferences.
Requesting Changes or Removal of your Personal Data
- Please contact us to request any changes or corrections for your Personal Data.
- Please contact us if you want to remove all stored Personal Data. Note that this may result in you not being able to access our products and services.
- We can be contacted by filling in the contact form at ClippingPlane.com contact form. We will respond to change and removal requests within one month of the request being made.
Data that can not be Immediately Removed upon Request
- Note that sales records data held by payment processors (PayPal, Stripe) are retained for a minimum of 6 years, to comply with taxation/auditing laws, and our own accountancy and auditing requirements.
- Note that it is not technically feasible for us to remove data from license database backups. However, backups are stored encrypted for a limited number of days until they are destroyed. We also keep a log of Personal Data deletion requests so that we can re-run any deletion requests in the event of needing to restore a backup.
How long we store your Personal Data
Since removal of your Personal Data may mean that you would lose access to our products and services, we will store your Personal Data until you explicitly request deletion. We may also remove Personal Data related to discontinued products, but we will first notify you if this would affect your access to the product or service in any way.
Integrity of Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is of the upmost importance to us, and we undertake all reasonable procedures and protocols to help protect information about you from unauthorized access, misuse, disclosure, loss, theft and alteration or destruction. When Personal Data (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected using encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
We do not store any highly sensitive Personal Data such as credit card numbers or passwords for accessing financial accounts. Our Service Partners may store and process this type of data. Please visit the websites of our Service Partners for more information about how your data is securely stored.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files transferred onto computers or devices by sites for record-keeping purposes and to enhance functionality on our site. Cookies are stored on your individual device and you have full control over their use. You may deactivate or restrict the transmission of cookies by changing the settings of your web browser. Cookies that are already stored may be deleted at any time. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website, products and services.
Your Rights to your Personal Data
You have a right to be informed of Personal Data that we process, as well as a right to rectification/correction, erasure and restriction of processing. You also have the right to receive from a structured, common and machine-readable format of Personal Data you provided to us.
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your jurisdiction.